TopicHow do I add invisible digital signatures in Office apps?
To shield the legitimacy of a document's content, Office.com/setup 365 entitles its users to add an invisible digital signature. Different apps have the feature to add and remove this security feature. Signed documents have the Signatures push button at the foot of the document that allows you or the allowed person to access the file. Users with an active account on Office.com/setup can leverage this security attribute. In order to apply this change to your files and folders, you need to keep your software updated so no error takes place while you add the signature.
Steps to add invisible digital signature
- Login to office.com/setup and go to your profile
- Open any Office setup 365 apps, say OfficeWord
- Click the File tab and go to Info
- Select the option of ‘Protect Document/ Protect Workbook/ Protect Presentation’ as per the file format or extension
- Click on the option ‘Add a Digital Signature’
- A message will pop-up on Word, Excel, or PowerPoint window, click OK on the dialogue box
- In the same dialog box > in the Purpose for signing this document box> enter the purpose
- Click Sign and end the task
In case, your access to add invisible digital signature is denied and you do not see any such option, check whether your account on Office.com/setup is licensed or not. If you have activated your Office setup account using the product key, make sure that the subscription is still active.
If none these methods work, please connect with the official service provider to find the accurate solution of the issue.